Baked Cromer Crab With Brie

Bob48

a new week and a new recipe , this one is dead easy , and although it say " with Brie " there is nothing to stop you from using Camembert , enough rattling so here we go ,

what you need for two , 2 medium dressed Cromer crabs

1 red onion sliced ( so that you get " half moons " )

handful of coriander leaves torn  or flat leaf parsley if you cant get coriander.

butter

double cream (get a small pot ) and use about half to 3/4

Brie or Camembert 

small glass of white wine , ( i prefer to use a medium dry )

1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper .

HOW TO DO IT .

melt a good knob of butter over a low heat and add the sliced onion cook gentle until just soft then add the coriander, wine ,and cream. heat very gently then add all of the meat from the 2 Crabs , ( keep the shells ) heat until the mixture just starts to bubble , ( you don't want it to burn )  take of the heat , leave for a couple of minutes while you wash out the crab shells and have a glass of winecheers ,    make 2 doughnut shapes out of tin foil and place them on a baking sheet , put the crab shells on these then carefully split the meat mixture between the two shells , turn on you over at about 100* c , , put a centre slice of your cheese on the top of your crabs , and place in the oven , for about 5 minutes , just long enough to melt the cheese but not long enough to toast it , serve with  green salad and crusty bread , Bon Apetit , this doesn't take long to make at all if you are having more than 2 people just add another crab a bit more wine and a bit more cream .  wonderful food for a summers day , can be enjoyed with a host of different white wines . 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2016 at 11:52 AM, deebee29 said:

Sound yummy Bob.

I do like your cooking methods where you leave room part way through for a glass of wine.

It also ensures none goes to waste (as if ) cheers

not or long now for your holiday, hope you have a great time 

i find it to be the best way deebee, there is always time for a glass of wine , it makes cooking so much more pleasurable .none ever goes to waste , as for our holiday , it starts this Friday so there will be no new recipe next week . i have decided that when we get back i'll post one recipe every week  right through the year so there will be seasonal  foods and favourites as well as some more interesting recipes . i was going to write a recipe book ,but all of that wine has an impact on my writing abilities  cheers

stay safe, see you on the water

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bob48 said:

can i post video clips on here ?

cheers

Bob, hi.

Yes, of course, as Bob (QV) says.

Just please upload them to You Tube first and then put the URL into your post here. I f you leave the formatting as is when you paste you'll get the You Tube picture as well.

We look forward to seeing your skills!   ice slice   :clap

• Like 2

Thankyou Hockham Admiral , it could take some time as i am a bit of a donk where it comes to this sort of thing , give me a hammer and a bag of nails and i can fix anything , computers are something entirely different . cheers

29 minutes ago, Bob48 said:

Thankyou Hockham Admiral , it could take some time as i am a bit of a donk where it comes to this sort of thing , give me a hammer and a bag of nails and i can fix anything , computers are something entirely different . cheers

Our admin are very good with a hammer :pcwhack:  however, they are even better with computers! I am sure they will be able to assist you if get into difficulties! Wont you young Alan n Jonzo ! Also now the Admiral is dabbling in such technicalities, i'm well impressed!:clap

cheersIain

• Like 3

It entirely depends on your upload speed, Bob, I upload 500,000Mbs in under 4 mins.

Try this test but don't bother about the instructions, just click on 'yes' that you've done them at the bottom of the page.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

I'm getting 32.55Mbps download and 16.76 Mbps upload speeds.

Before I got fibre optic Superfast it would frequently take me hours to upload to You Tube