Whoo Hooo!i'm A Millioniare

Mowjo

Just got sent this today, so been out bought a new house and new boat, gave judi £5.00 to treat herself and booked three months holiday, Awww B******S! I just realised I don't and never have banked with Barclays, there goes another dream:summertime:

format

BHANSALI SHRENIL
  Reply all|
Wed 2:00 PM
You
Capital Financial Advisor
BARCLAYS BANK PLC.
1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP
United  Kingdom

Dear Sir/Madam,

In furtherance to the agreement reached by the United Nations(UN) and African Union (AU) to further extend the financial aid to the Latter in adherence to the laid down conditions,the African Union in their last General Assembly directed all member countries to as a matter of urgency pay all outstanding contracts,inheritance and winnings being owed through the UN collaboration.

To that effect,We were nominated as one of the  disbursing banks to the United Nations (UN) and was instructed by the UN to pay you One million two hundred thousand US dollars ($1.2m) as part of your accumulated interest on your contract,inheritance fund by ATM ,DRAFT/CHEQUE OR CASH.

You are therefore required to reconfirm the following:.

a, Name --------------------------------------

b, tel number --------------------------------

c, Address   ----------------------------------

d, preferred mode of payment ATM , DRAFT/CHEQUE , WIRE OR CASH

Yours faithfully,
BHANSALI SHRENIL

15 minutes ago, Mowjo said:

Just got sent this today, so been out bought a new house and new boat, gave judi £5.00 to treat herself and booked three months holiday, Awww B******S! I just realised I don't and never have banked with Barclays, there goes another dream:summertime:

format

BHANSALI SHRENIL
  Reply all|
Wed 2:00 PM
You
BARCLAYS BANK PLC.
1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP
United  Kingdom

Dear Sir/Madam,

In furtherance to the agreement reached by the United Nations(UN) and African Union (AU) to further extend the financial aid to the Latter in adherence to the laid down conditions,the African Union in their last General Assembly directed all member countries to as a matter of urgency pay all outstanding contracts,inheritance and winnings being owed through the UN collaboration.

To that effect,We were nominated as one of the  disbursing banks to the United Nations (UN) and was instructed by the UN to pay you One million two hundred thousand US dollars ($1.2m) as part of your accumulated interest on your contract,inheritance fund by ATM ,DRAFT/CHEQUE OR CASH.

You are therefore required to reconfirm the following:.

a, Name --------------------------------------

b, tel number --------------------------------

c, Address   ----------------------------------

d, preferred mode of payment ATM , DRAFT/CHEQUE , WIRE OR CASH

Yours faithfully,
BHANSALI SHRENIL

A bit over generous to your good lady Frank £5.00 are you made of money !:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 3

On a more serious not folks - beware!  SWMBO received a very 'plausible looking' email yesterday from her aged mother's bank ( Wifey is a joint A/C holder). She showed it to me - it was addressed to ( like the one to Mowjo) 'Dear Sir/Madam'.

Any genuine business will ALWAYS use a personal form of address if you do business with them. If in doubt, check DIRECTLY with them before doing anything.

• Like 1

I doubt any bank (and most companies) will make contact like this by Email.

Basically I think it's safe to ignore all emails from such companies.. If they need to get in contact with you they will send snail mail..

The only one's which are getting good is any PayPal ones, although it's better to login to paypal directly (www.paypal.com) and check on there.

• Like 3

I often get asked by friends, family, and acquaintances whether online banking is safe.

I've used it successfully for over 15 years now, with no problems at all.

My advice however, is no, it's not safe, unless you are a very competent computer user, and are scrupulous with your anti-virus and anti-malware precautions.

Like many people I guess, I get several spoof emails each day, purporting to come from banks, building societies, couriers, Paypal, Inland Revenue etc...

The simple solution is to never respond to any unsolicited emails from such alleged senders, and never open any attachments from them.

I don't even download them to my local email client software, but instead delete them on the mail server with mailwasher.

If anything ever appeared that looked like it may be genuine, (and it never has), I would contact the apparent sender directly via telephone or their website, via the contact details that I already have, and never by any contained within the emails.