Richardsons RC45 and RC35

the top picture is the paint before we sanded it, we will use a textured formica on the aft coach roof to avoid having a shiney surface.

That looks awesome Clive :clap Must be great seeing her like that after so long staring at her on paper.

it is but it still seems to make my head ache just about every day :lol:

the top picture is the paint before we sanded it, we will use a textured formica on the aft coach roof to avoid having a shiney surface.

it is but it still seems to make my head ache just about every day :lol:

It will be worth every headache when its finished I reckon

Andy

It will be worth every headache when its finished I reckon

Andy

hay if i had the cash to build what Clive is doing then put it in hire then maybe get 30k per year from people hireing it give me a head ache all day every day :lol::lol::lol: i think you would agree Andy :naughty::naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

I have read all 44 pages this evening so now I am up to date.

She's already looking fantastic and will look even better once complete. I can't wait to see her afloat next year!

Well done to the team at Richardson's :trophy

hay if i had the cash to build what Clive is doing then put it in hire then maybe get 30k per year from people hireing it give me a head ache all day every day :lol::lol::lol: i think you would agree Andy :naughty::naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Thats right Jonny,

I will even rent you a bit of my yard and sell you some boats, just pop and see your bank manager he will be chuffed to see you, running boats is a doddle, I am surprised more people dont come and have a go, its a real way of life just working turnround days and having the whole winter off. :naughty:

I have read all 44 pages this evening so now I am up to date.

She's already looking fantastic and will look even better once complete. I can't wait to see her afloat next year!

Well done to the team at Richardson's :trophy

Mick,

well done for making your way through all that lot! there is probably only half of the chat related to the boat :lol:

I hope the cabin plug doesnt have the same problem as the hull did. I think its going to be a case of LOADS of release agent :D

we all hope the same !

there is always the risk of a stick up but we are changing our method a little this time.

the danger of using too much release agent is you may get pre release which makes bulges and bubbles in the mould which cause more of a problem than a stick up of break out of the gel which can be fixed.

would love to head up at some point and see the boats...

By the way I wiped my feet before going onboard clear gem the other day ;)

(see pregnant woman rescued thread...)

would love to head up at some point and see the boats...

By the way I wiped my feet before going onboard clear gem the other day ;)

(see pregnant woman rescued thread...)

well done there, Thanks for looking after them. cheersbar

The boats are about most turnround days for you to have a look around them, if not there are a few weeks between November and Easter where you are welcome to have a look round the fleet laying in. cheers

hi clive, thanks again for the updates. what happens to the plug once youve taken the mould do you just break it up and disspose of it or do you keep it ? will you mould the first 3 or 4 boats stright off and then move on to the next version. still cant believe the sheer amount of work that has gone in to this :o guess you must have shares in nurofen clive :naughty: dose look good tho clive you must be chuffed.

Depending on how the plug comes out we will either dump it or store it until we have made the first 3 or 5 boats then alter it to make the single level version using the deck and aft section.

we have made the mouldings for the bearers which are to be fitted on Wednesday PM. the superstructure has nearly had its first polish and should be finished hopefully tomorrow leaving just the anti slip decking to pattern and put on and the textured finish on the cabin roofs..

with any luck the gel could b going on either Monday or Tuesday as the cleaning of the plug and putting the release agent etc on takes a couple of days..

This gives an idea of the amount of work we can reuse on the next version.

Although all our boats will be of the same 'family' we dont want them to all look the same although there will be similarities.

post-503-136713770081_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713770101_thumb.jpg

not yet Jimbo, this is as close as I have got, I will try and get one tomorrow..

It wont be a artists jobbie but a 3D image, I have some good ones of the sedan but this has been put on a backburner for a year or so as we have just bought the 36foot sedan/flybridge/fishing boat moulds...

very nice Clive i can see that booking well will work out nice for fishing off the well how big is it going to be the well i mean as some that have wells have this tiny little step or dip ect that makes you think why the hell did they put that that there.

cant wait when the build thread starts got questions already :grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

P.S shes no Sheridan though