Stracey Arms....homes Under The Hammer....

BroadScot

Just watched today's edition of homes under the hammer which featured the old Stracey Arms pub, quite and interesting watch.

I think we all knew it was now being used as a Hindu temple, but I have to say now watching the two lovely ladies who are behind the venture it can only be positive.

The building was in need of some  renovation and already they have spent upwards of £70 k.and still have a long way to go.It is now a charity organisation so hopefully more funds for them. They even talked about offering food to the boats during the summer months. :dance 

Religious or not I can only wish them well, and perhaps the building will get some much needed love at last.

Anyone for a curry '?

• Like 4

Darn Darn,  I nearly watched that this morning.    For some reason I thought the cricket was on and went around the channels.  I will I had seen it.   May be on Iplayer or similar.  

Would be good if they could run a Indian Restaurant or similar from there.   

• Like 1

Just watched it.   What lovely ladies.  I do hope they are successful and at last our precious Stracey Arms may have a future.     I was pleased to hear them confirm the matter of a fee to stay overnight which is collected by the shop and shared out.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07k5ddq/homes-under-the-hammer-series-20-episode-21

• Like 2

Yes I noticed the bit about the moorings too and has often been discussed on this forum. So effectively if I understand it        correctly there should be no  real question as to who has the rights to the two sections  and if chargeable,  as each owns part, but  it is the shop which  actually collects all  the fees and with the agreement of the other party and on behalf of both. So no one loses out, and hopefully an incentive to keep things exactly as they are then...  at least for users  mooring purposes.           

3 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

Lol. In that case you should have combine them by now. There is no excuse from such a brilliant Mod as your self. Looking for creeping smiley.

Done !

Always try to please, Ian.:party:

cheersIain

• Like 1

I wonder if they Know about the Three Rivers Race often using that piece of river as the turning point perhaps we can hope for the sight of many saris (and the Gentlemens equivalent style of clothing) or in western dress, viewing the racing. Plus of course to encourage them to join in...