First Timers Heading Out Onto The Broads In August

I too plan to great detail taking into account the tides etc. We book moorings where it is busy as well as some pubs. I have timings worked out with back ups where necessary. Then apart from the booked places we often deviate. Just enjoy planning, part of the excitement.

Only once in forty odd years did we carry through a planned trip. Think it was eight pubs in one day, starting at the Berney Arms ! Hic!cheersbar We were collecting a card  to be stamped for a Broads pint pot at certain pubs.:party:I still have it, somewhere.

cheersIain

Hiya Jules,

6 year olds.....a few thoughts.

Bewilderwood Theme Park, a maybe 15 minute walk from The Swan at Horning. 

The New Inn Horning, book a mooring overnight as a part of an evening meal reservation, lots of 'amusements' and good food.

The Bridge Inn Acle and the Sutton House Hotel good food and child friendly. More 'amusements'

Salhouse Broad for a beach and canoe hire, also floating ice cream seller. Great BBQ spot. Buy the food in Wroxham or Horning.

Ranworth floating wildlife centre, church tower climb for awesome views great Staithe for football, cricket, running about. You may need a dinghy to get to shore here it is very popular.

South Walsham Broad moor on the mudweight and ring the Fairhaven Water Gardens and book to be picked up by their trip boat to go in by water, a nice little adventure and a shady, jungly garden to explore, great tea rooms too.

Wild moor overnight and wake up to nature.

Bring binoculars, bird and bug books etc. 

Set the lifejacket rule Out of Cabin/Cockpit we all wear ljs then they won't be terrifying you on occasion!:facepalm:

• Like 4

Apologies for not responding earlier, it's been a hell of a week, anyway thank you all for your kind responses and advice.  

I will keep my plan in the back pocket but take the advice to go with the flow.  A week of relaxation is exactly what the doc ordered so I no longer intend to stress about not getting to a certain point each day!!

Really looking forward to it now :Sailing

• Like 4