What's Yours Called?

JennyMorgan

I think this is the thread that I have been dreading. The boat I have just bought is called " Giddy Kipper". (previously brink of day when she was a hire boat 8 years ago )

now being the superstitious ex mariner that I am, I dont beleive in changing boat names so I am afraid she is stuck with it.

Giddy kipper is apparently an expression used by Yorkshire folk as a generic term for a mild idiot ( probably fairly appropriate in my case ), now this gave me a dilemna - to change or not to change as to be honest, I didnt like the name. When I first took her out the amount of pointing and smiles the name raised made me re-think. Kids love the name, adults smile and wave so I thought - oh what the heck! So despite still not really liking the name, it is worth keeping to see the reaction it provokes, it gives one a feelgood factor :-) 

In summary giddy keeper she is and giddy kipper she is staying, it may even grow on me in time......

ttfn

trev.

Our first boat we called Fri 13th as that was the day we got married all those years back  (30 years next year wow doesn't time fly when your enjoying yourselve) ha ha.

It was a Quicksilver 540 with a rather nice, quick and smooth Honda 90hp out board on.

We trailered the boat round the coast but mainly used on the Broads.

No body wanted to buy her with that name but when we took the name off her she sold in a week!

It was quite sad when we had to sell her. But on to bigger and better things as they say.

now 3 boats later we are on to Endeavour a Westwood 340C and loving it !

John