Brooms Fuel And Pumpout

SweetKingfisher1

While we were at Brooms this morning filling up with fuel and a pumpout, Ian said he paid £1:04 per litre for diesel. I asked regarding what the opening times would be after October and for the winter.

The young man said Brooms have not told the guys, but he said the times look to change after the clocks go back. So it could be closed on Sunday's and Saturday's only if there are customers till possible 4 o'clock, but if no customers then it could be closing around lunch time.

So anyone who could be out on the river after October, give Brooms a call checking on opening times.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

• Like 1

Case of use it or lose it. Considering most owners don't leave the marina it's hardly surprising.. I'm surprised the facilities are still going there to be honest. I suspect Broom are keeping it going just to say it's available to berth holders.. :( 

• Like 1

Well the young  man who served us today said that he sold  2.000 lts  of fuel. Not sure over what time scale,but that's what they sell in August,not late September  early  October. Often  we have to wait  to be served  there may be 2 or 3 boats  waiting for fuel 

I never ceased to be amazed by just how many boats I see in storage at Brooms. I was told, when Martin Broom was still there, that there was rarely less than 40 boats up for sale at any one time.  Regarding fuel sales, some empty tanks take a great deal of filling, they are not all like me, 'just five litres of petrol please!'