Spring Is Springing.

Vaughan

100_3302.thumb.jpg.326ea42d79b977f9d8f8b560c2780419.jpg

We have had weather like this for nearly a week now, so let's hope the winter is over. The climbing roses only flower for about 3 weeks and we have missed them for the last couple of years as we were in Norfolk at the time. The neighbours all appreciate them, anyway.

Yes I know, I must get around to painting the shutters!

• Like 5

Great photograph there Vaughn. Brings back fond memories of a few stays I had with a mate who upped sticks to a derelict farmhouse he got for hardly any money at all at Montaner in Pyrenees Atlantique and proceeded to renovate this into a wonderful dwelling. The friendliness, helpful nature and hospitality of the folk there was warm and genuine. The general way of life really attracted me but, somehow, I lacked the actual gumption to actually shift! Something I occasionally regret.

My daily visit to the boulangerie and relaxed sessions in the bar just passing the time of day with so many different folk was very tempting indeed. Although I love Yorkshire and The Broads I am a tad envious!

• Like 1