Interesting Tolls Discussion

kfurbank

Depends on whether the system changes, and whether you get hit by someone who is not insured or insured properly. Word reached me a little while back about someone being hit near The Pleasure Boat by another boat that was tolled but not insured!! I don't know the full details and can only go on information received, but if so, then it is time for change.

• Like 1

Just now, marshman said:

Am I the only one thinking that somewhere along the line this is resulting in a complete waste of toll revenues over b****er all??

No, you're not! On the other hand, one has to stick by one's principles, so I can see both sides.

I would ask :

1/. Is it actually a legal requirement to carry insurance for a private boat, and could you be prosecuted for not having it? If no, then is it legal for the BA to insist on it?

2/.  As they are the ones insisting on insurance (most sensibly in my view) it would seem responsible for them to publish a list of the companies that they approve of and which therefore "meet the requirements of the act"?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, marshman said:

Am I the only one thinking that somewhere along the line this is resulting in a complete waste of toll revenues over b****er all??

No more of a waste toll revenue, if it is, then the spurious BNP vanity project! Sorry, Marsh, couldn't resist:default_icon_wave:!