Formica

RegalSafari

Hi all, 

i am currently replacing the flooring in the bathroom (heads), and some Formica around the sink. The original floor / shower tray cover was marine ply with Lino attached with contact adhesive. I am replacing the pale yellow with Matt white Formica. Do you think it's worth formicaing the floor panels, the area is about metre sq, or sticking to the original design Lino?

i was thinking Formica maybe a little slippy, but the finish would be good? 

Any thoughts? 

I've started a job I wish I didn't but the flooring was all rotten. 

Dave 

image.jpeg

Formica is incredibly slippery underfoot when wet. Safest option for flooring would be non slip bathroom vynil  the stuff that is about 4 to 5 mm thick. Easy to  cut and shape and will look good too.

cheers

Trev

3 hours ago, Mowjo said:

That floor looks the same as on my last Hampton 25, I used an offcut of non slip floor vinyl, stuck down with a tub of B&Q vinyl adhesive, I even use it on toilet walls,,  

25730_1417293997593_4191787_n.jpg

Looks a nice job.

• Like 1

Yep the Formica in your boat look brill, thanks Griff I will have a look at the teak flooring it looks nice. 

I think everyone could be right about Formica being slippy. 

I made all the new templates yesterday, ready for me to pick a new covering. Before I commit to the finished article I am going to try everything at Easter. That's the down side of living further away from the boat.

its bad when your fitting a new bathroom on the boat, before your home. But that life when you love boating 

Thank you for the offer Griff, 

i ve just ordered the White Formica for the walls which Intend to fit during next winter, and ad-hoc to panels throughout the year. 

Yep if you have a little spare that would be good, the area is just over 1 metre sq. 

looking forward to Easter hope you also have a good one 

Dave

• Like 1