Bbq

karrass1

Leaving from Wroxham on the 19th of August and heading towards Great Yarmouth and through. Any recommemdations as to where may be a good place to moor up and BBQ for the day/eve? Its our first time on the Broads. Thanks. David.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Hi David (from another David) Either St Benet's Abbey or Stracy Arms would be good places for BBQ. There's no Pubs at either mooring but are both good moorings. 

St Benet's is free 24 hour mooring but there is a charge at Stracey Arms but I'm not sure what the cost is this year (I'll know in September)

Stracey Arms is around 2 hours from Yarmouth depending on the current flow but probably a bit too far on your first night, I wouldn't expect to get away from the yard too early at this time of year.

Hope you have a great holiday and remember to take your time and enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi. I assume your coming south?
let me know and I can recommend places. No idea about t'north. 

Yes. Leaving Wroxham on the 19th. Leave Great Yarmouth then head South with no idea where to go!!! Very exiting!!!

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

I totally agree with Dave's recommendations especially Stracy Arms, plenty of moorings and a lovely little shop, windmill and café, they do a nice cooked breakfast, the shop is great for stocking up on milk, newspapers etc. Nice long walk to be had too, especially at sunset on a hot summers evening with most people sitting outside their boats and fishing etc, had some of the nicest conversations with complete strangers and like minded boat fanatics, plus if you're a nosy type, there are lots of boats with lights on, you can have a good old look, something I would never do, of course :default_norty:

I know some of us like to plan our journeys but for me the only thing to plan is getting the tides right and head off with no particular place in mind, such a pleasure and so exciting, just make sure you find a mooring before sunset, nearly got caught out on a couple of occasions but that's another story lol

Have a lovely time

Grace

• Like 4
  • Haha 1