The Rising Sun

Bob48

there was a post earlier re the rising sun at coltishall being closed ,i have spoken to a charming young lady this evening at the afore mentioned hostelry and can confirm that it is not closed at all, which i must say has pleased me no end, as we are looking forward to our fish and chips at the end of the month.:default_beerchug:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Aboattime said:

Thats good to know,weve always enjoyed our visits to the Rising Sun,and hope to visit next saturday when we take the boat up to Coltishall .

we may see you on the rivers , we are on majestic gem 2  :)

We ate there quite a bit over the winter / low season. The food was good, the manager friendly, and the service excellent.

Come the start of the season, I phoned and booked a family table.

We arrived to a largely empty restaurant ( luckily ) as no table was reserved for us, despite the whole window table(s) of 17 being reserved for another group who sat outside but the tables remained off limits all evening.  The beer was flat, a large percentage of the menu was 'off' the service was far short of the previous visits - eg when I asked for menus the response was 'they're around somewhere you'll have to find them' so I did, and returned a dozen to the bar from empty, still uncleared tables.

Not been back since.

19 hours ago, Aboattime said:

Hi bob,we will look out for you but now the boss wants to go to the New Inn Horning! Look out for us a blue and white Alpha called............Aboat Time.

i shall do that, we'll have our poster in the front portside window :default_winko: