All Shook Up

Well there we were at whitlingham readying to head into the city when from nowhere Broads beat flew fast n I do mean flew that boat is amazing fast , massive wash obviously ( much worse than any ski boat or anything really , and beam on :44_frowning2:)  but nothing fell over with the exception of Dave the pigeon who found himself on on the cage bottom having previously been sat on his perch , once in the city I cycled to the yacht station n PC Paul n colleague were full of apologies but it was an emergency ie sinking canoe and 3 person's in the river outside the complete angler , all OK BTW , give em this Broads beat they apologised to everyone they saw that they had passed at speed and explained why in fact i was asked to convey that to those they missed so helped em twice today as I got roped in to taking the PIC  for twitter too :default_biggrin:.

Still no worry's good to give a bit back now n again n help out n rather glad they have a fast boat really you never know when you might need their services .

Bit of egg on BA's face though as the dory rescue boat wasn't at the yacht station but at the yard at Thorpe still it will be next week I understand .

All in all an interesting day n glad everyone got out Ok .

Well done everyone concerned by the sound of it.

As a matter of interest does their boat show a blue flashing light when on an emergency shout? It would save explanations to those they have to pass in a hurry.

9 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Indeed, from what I see of them, the Broads Beat crew do more for us Broads boaters than do the other lot! Broads Beat are a credit to Plod, they really are.

Yep I have to agree with that JM .

Just now, Ray said:

Well done everyone concerned by the sound of it.

As a matter of interest does their boat show a blue flashing light when on an emergency shout? It would save explanations to those they have to pass in a hurry.

It most certainly does have lights an wayd sirens n they used them yesterday when they nipped past a couple of hire craft just in front of me , the guys in the freedom boat they came up behind must have wondered what was going on where as the other vessel had them in sight coming the other way .

Some years back on an August Bank Holiday we were passed on Swan corner by the BB rib under blues and twos heading for the Ferry - it was mayhem! They had one of Clive's finest pulled up on the Woodbastwick side and were breathalysing the whole party. That night we found out from Gus the keys were taken away and a little while later a Richo's minibus appeared to take them all back to base -holiday over! Apparently they had difficulty finding someone who could stand long enough to give a good blow.

• Haha 1