More Orbs

Wildfuzz

Received mine the other week Stuart...it is beautiful! I'm currently trying to get some film footage of it on the rotating display that I have that is lit from the bottom used for filming the perfume bottles...ooh er Mrs...but first I'm trying to cut circles from some perspex to use as a photographic base to catch the reflection.

2 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Received mine the other week Stuart...it is beautiful! I'm currently trying to get some film footage of it on the rotating display that I have that is lit from the bottom used for filming the perfume bottles...ooh er Mrs...but first I'm trying to cut circles from some perspex to use as a photographic base to catch the reflection.

Sounds like I better get one of them gadgets to show case mine.

1 hour ago, Wildfuzz said:

Sounds like I better get one of them gadgets to show case mine.

Photographic ones run into the hundreds, Stuart. But I found that the rotating window displays do exactly the same thing with an LED light in the centre and retail at about £25 on e-bay. The main problem being that the surface of them is not reflective so doesn't lend itself to photography or video. I filched a sheet of clear perspex from Ellie's Dad and I'm going to cut two discs from it. I'm going to spray one black and one white on the underside to give me two different coloured backgrounds. I'm then going to drill a hole in the centre to let the light shine through and for the spherical objects to sit without rolling. As I'm typing I'm realising that my description is...

Then it's a case of lighting the set and fiddling with the aperture...it's sounding worse...on the camera and the perspex should give me a beautiful reflection...Stop digging Timbo! :facepalm:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1