Overnight Mooring Close To Beccles

DaveRolaves

Its been a while since we went up the Waveney toward Beccles. Does anyone know if the private overnight moorings are still on the SB bank of the Waveney just before the Beccles sailing club which is on the port bank. I used the moorings a few years ago and  paid the fee at a cottage near to the moorings. At that time they were quite shallow. Has anyone moored there recently?

You can moor on the right as you approach Beccles, saw that it is now £8 for the night.  Good safe moorings and their posts are similar to Polkey's Mill nice and high so no fear of getting caught on the side.

The chap comes round for the fee.

We moored there last Summer and it was fine depth wise.

Im not really sure I would be happy paying £8 to moor up for the night where there are no facilities or anything within walking distance.

I would be trying to get on North Cove or Worlingham moorings, even the BA mooring by the Beccles bypass bridge which are all free!  

Its doesnt cost much more to stay at Beccles Yacht Station and atleast you have everything you need onsite or within walking distance.

But each to their own! 

7 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Sorry Vanessan but Aldeby is now £8.    If you want peace and quiet the mooring just before the Yacht Club are really a pleasure to be at.   Whats £8 these days,  doesn't even buy the soap powder.

Have you never shopped in the B&M Store!!!

55 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Sorry Vanessan but Aldeby is now £8.    If you want peace and quiet the mooring just before the Yacht Club are really a pleasure to be at.   Whats £8 these days,  doesn't even buy the soap powder.

Can’t say I’m surprised, seems everything’s going up! Thanks for the info anyway. I think I will still be willing to pay £8 for a nice peaceful mooring, not sure about my better half though. He’s the saver, I’m the spender - works well! :default_eusa_dance:

56 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

Ouch £15 which car park is that?

I usually park in Castle Mall and its about £8 if you there that long. 

I got the figures from to council parking web page, can't remember which car park that was, sorry.

£8 per night as of 2 weeks  ago  , no worry's sure there are BA  Mooring's but are they available 

? Last time I looked room for a silly 45 ' boat or 2x common boats thanks to BA not removing a certain boat  in time for the holiday period .  ,