Beer Festival 13th - 15th July

Meantime

Right that got your attention (especially Howard)  :default_beerchug: Now it's not strictly The Broads but it fairly easily accessible from The Broads.

Yes it's the North Norfolk Railway (otherwise known as The Poppy Line) annual beer festival. Not a CAMRA event, but still very good and worth while visiting.

The Bittern Line with stations in Norwich, or Wroxham takes you straight to Sheringham, so if you fancy leaving the boat at either and letting the train take the strain, a good day out awaits.

A few more details on the link below. For some reason the NNR have yet to update their site.

https://www.experiencesheringham.com/events/sheringham/festival/17th-annual-beer-festival/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Many ladies usually attend this ECIPA???

:default_smiley-angelic002:

Some very old girls attend who create lots of noise and hiss and spout lots of steam, actually that sounded very much like an average day on the forum! :default_rofl:The NNR is off course a preservation steam railway. The 17th annual beer festival will I'm sure be attended by a real cross section of society as well as the usual selection of beardy weirdies with real ale festival T shirts from the 80s and 90s and train spotter note pads. :default_scaredmouse:

Me, I may attend and partake in one of the 120 plus real ales, or 20+ ciders. Sadly the wine selection is poor, sorry Gracie. :default_coat: but the fish and chips from the seafront is excellent.  

• Like 2

Thank you ECIPA for the heads up and  the lack of wine. I shouldn't worry I'm quite partial to a pint too, a proper ladette :default_biggrin: Fish and chips too, yummy, now if my gorgeous Jay decides to visit because of the ladies in attendance, he could well be wearing his fish and chips

:default_norty:

Grace

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Am I going blind or doesn't it actually say what times it's open?

It does, the 13th to 15th July :default_rofl:

From previous experience the beer tent is open 11am to 11pm Friday and Saturday. Sunday 11am to 4:30pm-ish, or until stocks last. I think the weather forecast is for more of what we've been having recently, so I can see the bar running dry early.

This is not a CAMRA affiliated event and is purely run annually to help raise money for the coffers to keep the railway running. It is staffed by railway volunteers and there is also live music further along the platform. For those who haven't been before the platform closest to the ticket office is open as usual for train rides etc. The platform closest to the public car park is host to the beet tent, BBQ and music.

To whet your appetite I have attached a copy of the beer list from 2013.

NNR Beer Festival 2013.PDF

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gracie said:

I shouldn't worry I'm quite partial to a pint too, a proper ladette :default_biggrin:

:default_eusa_naughty: I've told you before, no lady of mine is sitting there with a pint in her hand.

Anyway, you will get what you are given :default_norty:

3 hours ago, Gracie said:

Fish and chips too, yummy, now if my gorgeous Jay decides to visit because of the ladies in attendance, he could well be wearing his fish and chips

Now you know there is only one lady in attendance that I would be interested in so there is no need to waste a perfectly good meal :default_icon_kiss:

13 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

:default_eusa_naughty: I've told you before, no lady of mine is sitting there with a pint in her hand.

Anyway, you will get what you are given :default_norty:

Now you know there is only one lady in attendance that I would be interested in so there is no need to waste a perfectly good meal :default_icon_kiss:

They do a good range of ciders, although at anything from 4% to 8% some of the stronger ciders are bordering on the strength of a weak wine.

6 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

They do a good range of ciders, although at anything from 4% to 8% some of the stronger ciders are bordering on the strength of a weak wine.

Yeah just been having a look through your 2013 list, looks good and there is at least some wine for the lady. I couldn't possibly get her a 8% cider, she is a bit of a lightweight drinker and I wouldn't want her legless would I. 

Would I? :default_smiley-angelic002: