Propeller Shaft Size

The boat model alone may not help as it may have been re-engined at some time and had a stern gland changed at the same time.

You can't beat a vernier across the shaft, metric and imperial can be very close but not close enough to keep a rope cutter clamped.

A stripper should be matched to number of blades too (although mine are not).

The boat model alone may not help as it may have been re-engined at some time and had a stern gland changed at the same time.
You can't beat a vernier across the shaft, metric and imperial can be very close but not close enough to keep a rope cutter clamped.
A stripper should be matched to number of blades too (although mine are not).
It has a bmc 2.5 engine I wanted to order a rope cutter before I have it lifted to remove something I've got on the prop is the shaft the same size as the shaft that leaves the hydraulic drive?

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

57 minutes ago, Starbrite said:

is the shaft the same size as the shaft that leaves the hydraulic drive?

Yes.

It will also have a standard length keyed taper, according to the shaft size, so as to fit standard propellors. I believe Connoisseur fitted shafts of 1.5" diameter to these boats.

In my experience, a cutter will not be of any benefit to you, on the Broads. You say you have something on the prop. It may just be a plastic shopping bag.

Yes.
It will also have a standard length keyed taper, according to the shaft size, so as to fit standard propellors. I believe Connoisseur fitted shafts of 1.5" diameter to these boats.
In my experience, a cutter will not be of any benefit to you, on the Broads. You say you have something on the prop. It may just be a plastic shopping bag.
Thanks for that my boat is in Yorkshire and I've picked up a bag with some clothes in it as I've got a piece of white plastic and part of a tee shirt off so far

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1