My Dahlia

Chelsea14Ian

Our grass certainly took a hit during the very long very hot summer weeks this year. Some of it has grown back but some of it still looks completely dead.

As for the flowers, we still have quite a lot of colour and quite a few plants still in bloom. It was as if the garden went into hibernation when it was so hot and woke up again once it cooled down a bit. It seems to have been a very good year for some of our roses. But I'm still having to water the garden some evenings, especially the patio pots and hydrangeas.

Beautiful dahlia Ian, they are such lovely flowers and amazing colours. And sometimes you get an unexpected surprise when something comes through that you just don't remember putting there.

As I said don't remember planting them.Last year our garden looked good

As for the tiles Griff I blame the builder,His choice when he did our kitchen some year back.We hope to move to Norfolk in a few years time.Next month I am going to paint the kitchen and slow but sure 're decorate all our rooms.Then hopefully the spring before we move give the garden a make over.Thats the plan anyway.

• Like 2