Oulton Broad Spar Shop To Close

NorfolkNog

I have to agree,many outlets are empty. The Indian restaurant is shut,sure the sports bar is fine for some,they certainly spent a lot of money on it.The menu is not to my taste, hot dogs,burgers, chicken in a bucket is not for me.We spoke to one of lady's in July,she said a lot of people go to Tescos up the road.The little shop/cafe close to the YS has been shut for years.We always like going to Oulton,but I think the advent of A good shop/cafe and someone to take on the old Indian restaurant may well help.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

If the cash point goes, does anyone know where there is another? I've a feeling there might be one on the main road as you head towards the North Station. 

There is one in one of the shops between the Wherry and the train station, not sure if it charges though.

There is a free (I think) one at the garage just past the train station.

I never thought that Oulton Broad's Spar ever really grasped the fact that it is in a tourist area. As for moaning about the loss of the butchers, why didn't the Spar shop open its own or at least offer a half decent meat & deli counter? Anyway, order from Tesco & have it delivered to your boat, simples.  Oulton Broad is otherwise alive and well!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

Was there once a Natwest Bank along the row where the Winelodge used to be? 

I also noticed a ticket machine for the trains adjacent to the crossing the other day, it looked new but might have been there ages!!

No longer a bank in Oulton Broad. Next door to where the Wine Lodge was, now Dinky Town, is a small but useful convenience store. The ticket machine for the trains has only just gone live.

• Like 1