Eastick Falcon 26

smitch6

Okies so i've just bought a boat made by Eastick's of Acle

as far as i can gather they shut down in the 80's 

i know alot of these boats used to be on hire on the broads but not sure if mine went straight to the Thames as thats where it was last registered.

i'm trying to find out more information about these boats and in paticular the 1 i have

The name i have on the boat is Jane Anne sometimes on some paperwork it's Jane Ann

also alot of paperwork it's down as an Eastwick

they are very sinilar to the hampton safari's but slightly longer and slightly wider

So far i have contacted and drawn blanks at

Broads Authority

Museum of the broads

BSS 

Thames authority

Museum suggested that Easticks had gone into partnership with Welpton and they were still at Acle Dyke

But the only one i could find was Eastwood Welpton and the owners bought it 3 years ago after Mr Welpton died (5 years ago)

so a blank there also.

I managed to find an old one for sale on Norfolk boatshed but that is the only 1 i have found on the interweb.

I am in contact with someone who owns 1 and he knows someone else in Norwich who has 1 also.

But neither of them know alot about the actual boats.

thanks

Ref the Easticks Falcons,  Their yard at Acle dyke was always quite busy, with hired cruisers and Yachts  being available. I did once hire a Falcon, it was in 1975, and quite a new boat.  I seem to remember that it did not handle very well, and there were a lot of air gaps around the sliding canopy.  It was my wifes first holiday on a boat, and being pregnant at the time, the sight of a Falcon after that made her feel quite sick!  We visited Potter Heigham, and the bridge pilot took one look and said " Thats not Bridge shaped, and it is not even b----y boat shape" a comment I often recall even more nowadays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CMBooth said:

it is not even b----y boat shape" 

No such thing as a boat shape in my ever so humble opinion. If it floats, it’s a boat! As for being ‘bridge shaped’, no problems with the likes of Ludham or Wayford and many others. Congratulations on your purchase smitch6, I hope you manage to find some information. 

42 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Easticks yard was burned to the ground in the 1990s with the loss of a number of craft.

I wonder if any Falcons were lost, that might account for the lack of them. 

well i took delivery of her today finally been a long 7 days waiting to have her delivered.

GMR done the delivery with the use of his Hi-Ab he put it straight onto my trailer, which is where she'll sit while i restore her.

Terrific chap and highly recommend him (apart from he went off with the boat keys so he's having to post them to me lol)

she's a big ol boat esp on my little trailer which is only 6' wide

so plenty of 4x4 posts holding her up until i can get the telegraph post out of the brambles or get some acro props