Summercraft

BryanW

Does anybody have any ideas what is happening at Summercraft?  Back in the winter I noticed that Grecian Girl was for sale on one of the broker's sites and a few weeks ago saw her moored in the private moorings (old boatyard) at Womack Water then a few days ago there was a post on Facebook by somebody who was just moving his new boat from Wroxham to Horning and from the pictures it looked like Grenada Girl.

Surprising though that they would sell it in their colour scheme , as , I believe, they would only sell their old boats once repainted (often in the new owners choice of colour) .

I know they had to sell two of their holiday cottages due to death duties a few years past though.

quick check on their availability seems to confirm that both Grecian Girl and Grenada Girl are no longer in their fleet as there is no availability at all for either 

• Like 1

Bryan, that was me on what used to be Grenada Girl. We haven't moved her  to Horning those were "celebratory drinks"  following  that mornings  completion and  out on first cruise, and  passing the New Inn.  Didn't get the impression that anything much  is happening that doesnt happen at other yards when it comes time  for one reason or another to sell a boat on, although I,ve not seen any replacement  boats. 

Howard: Grecian was indeed the drop nose and was sold via  NYA  last year at end of season 

Mr Cabby: Correct  and she will be out of the water  after the bank holiday  for the livery to be removed and new paint job on the roof (She is in her original gel coat )  and some small  changes  (anti foul colour and bootline  added)   to  help emphasise the now private nature  and  also for us to officially  rename her - it was  a very quick sale and completion  ! 

• Like 3

Many thanks for that and we look forward to it. She was indeed immaculately maintained  - although we will be replacing  the canopy.  The surveyor was very impressed with her given she was both  a hire craft and  25 years old ..  No "red" font  recommendations and  only a few relatively  minor  " blue" advisories. 

• Like 1

I have happy memories of Grecian Girl which I hired in 2011. My wife Mel and I have four children between us and Grecian was the first and only time three of the four came with us for the same trip.

If it didn't let well I'm surprised because I've seen it on hire just about every time I've come since I hired it.