Moving May Day

Davydine

44 minutes ago, Davydine said:

As do ours. The dates were set in April 2018 for the 19/20 school year. They haven't changed so far, but they may do so. We have one child in Primary and one Secondary. We may find different schools do different things! 

If the government is going to move the bank holiday, wouldn't you have thought they would have given everyone more notice?

Hi Davy,  

That would imply that politicians used logic, I have never seen it yet in my life.

When we are setting the allocations each year we have to check when the school holidays are in the locations that our owners with school shares live, this is not an easy feat by any means especially when when we draw the allocations in November for 2021.

Regards

Alan 

59 minutes ago, Davydine said:

If the government is going to move the bank holiday, wouldn't you have thought they would have given everyone more notice?

Yes!

At the very least you might think they'd update the list of bank holidays on the gov.uk web site, which is still showing May 4th.

It nevertheless seems to be real - there is a government press release here confirming it so it's not just the papers getting the wrong end of the stick.

The whole thing seems ridiculous to me.

Surely it should have gone into the "A good idea but we left it far too late to do anything about it now" box?

Edited to add:

Here's some more people this is a problem for: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48575410

It includes the quote "The UK government said it made the decision "as soon as practicable"." - I'd like to see that justified.

Edited by Coryton
Add more information

For those with children in primary school, National testing (SATs) commences on Monday 11th May and the GCSE and A Level programmes traditionally start in the same week as well.:default_icon_eek:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 18:28, johnm said:

For those with children in primary school, National testing (SATs) commences on Monday 11th May and the GCSE and A Level programmes traditionally start in the same week as well.:default_icon_eek:

In England and Wales..,:6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t: In Scotland the  Highers finished on June 4th, :6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t:

The Broads will now be invaded by the Scots!!:6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t:

My Niece Great niece, has finished Primary School  and will be Starting in Bo'ness Academy on 21st August.

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

In England and Wales..,:6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t: In Scotland the  Highers finished on June 4th, :6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t:

The Broads will now be invaded by the Scots!!:6973434b8b31cd5effed88c7cbb2f1149d4af7_t:

My Niece Great niece, has finished Primary School  and will be Starting in Bo'ness Academy on 21st August.

Very useful for visiting Theme Parks in England without all the crowds.

• Like 1