Water Pressure

I'm going to replace my shower mixer valve with an anti scald one. Most seem to say they need at least 1 bar.

Is it safe to assume that I have that or near enough that if there is already a working shower? Pressure at the taps seems strong, there is one of those flow regulator things and I believe the water system was replaced and uprated an owner or two ago.. SS tank etc.

Domestic water pumps on boats pressure the system to something  in the region  of 25 psi (that's roughly, some are more). 25 psi is about 1.7 bar .

Of course this drops when the taps are opened but you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Most calorifiers come with an adjustable tmv as standard these days, they certainly help your hot water last longer. May well be worth considering and they are flow dependant rather than pressure regulated.

• Thanks 1

There's always more than initially meets the eye with boats isn't there! I'm going with the thermostatic bar shower this time, it's relatively cheap and a simple DIY job that solves the current problem.

Of course, now I know that there's an alternative it will probably go on my 'oneday' list :)

• Like 1