Afloat And Cruising Today

Puddleduck2

Thanks for your reply Marshy,  thing is my work diary is so busy between now and Christmas, I probably couldn't go no matter how much I wanted to.  My take on this is that the Ba could not have got the spirit of this lockdown anymore wrong if they tried.

They remind me of a local planning office, in their attitude 'Were in charge, what say goes and we are gonna prove it by putting our own spin on it rightly or wrongly, we have to justify our own existence' 

What they should be doing is following government and Defra guidelines like the rest of us are trying to do, but no, they have to go and interfere and be seen to be interfering, just makes the situation worse.

It's totally ludicrous some of their 'Own' guidelines that they have dreamt up.  I thought they were a river / harbour authority that should be looking after the rivers.  It's bad enough that they morhped into a planning authority without now somehow thinking they are a higher authority than Defra and the government too

Griff

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Thanks for your reply Marshy,  thing is my work diary is so busy between now and Christmas, I probably couldn't go no matter how much I wanted to.  My take on this is that the Ba could not have got the spirit of this lockdown anymore wrong if they tried.

They remind me of a local planning office, in their attitude 'Were in charge, what say goes and we are gonna prove it by putting our own spin on it rightly or wrongly, we have to justify our own existence' 

What they should be doing is following government and Defra guidelines like the rest of us are trying to do, but no, they have to go and interfere and be seen to be interfering, just makes the situation worse.

It's totally ludicrous some of their 'Own' guidelines that they have dreamt up.  I thought they were a river / harbour authority

Griff

At least you can launch an appeal against planning officers.

2 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

At least you can launch an appeal against planning officers.

And stand a better than average chance of winning the appeal.

Over the years I have appealed 8 times and won 7. The Inspectors have a better grasp on reality than local planners who usually have an implied local bias handed down from local council.

23 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

And stand a better than average chance of winning the appeal.

Over the years I have appealed 8 times and won 7. The Inspectors have a better grasp on reality than local planners who usually have an implied local bias handed down from local council.

Quite, as the developer for the new scheme near Brundall Memorial Hall has just found out. The media is only reporting one side of the story though so hard to fathom if there’s something obvious beneath, eg a howler by the authority as happened in North North recently to a local developers benefit where no affordable housing is required.