The Even Bigger Firkle 2021 With Added Boat...hopefully!

Timbo

Trickiest car I ever drove in the snow was a  late 60s Zephyr 6. The back tended to get a bit of wanderlust when cornering - a bag of wet sand  placed strategically in the boot sorted it. The best by far was a lotus Elite. It was a pig of a car at all other times but put  it on a hill in thick snow and it was as good as gold.

Carole

I had a VW variant, basically an estate form of beetle, air cooled 2.0 litre engine, light as a feather at the front. in snow it would do anything - but steer, you had to dab the brakes to get steering, so a bag of cement in the boot (at the front ) helped, I once went out to meet up with some friends, on a snowy day, taking the short cross country route, at the top of one particularly steep hill i was flagged down by a local, who asked me if I had just come up the hill, yes i replied, why, because even the landrovers havent made it up today, just tractors was the answer, of course, going down the other side was interesting, plenty of braking to get the front round the corners.