Norwich Floating Restaurant

Andrewcook

it left Norwich early last year and then got left at Cantley for the WHOLE season, taking up valuable mooring. 

It finally left the areas last weekend. 

It had various owners / operators in its time. I went in there in the 90s but not since. In recent years, anyone who had see it from the river would probably not have gone in unless they had insider knowledge as the view looking back at it from the water was one of decay, dirt, grub and fat. 

Pleased to see it finally go as it had become a total eyesore. 

• Like 1

For a few years,we went there when it was a Thai Restaurant. We got to know the manager quite well.Then I think he went home.Afterwich it was not as good.Then I think it became a pizza restaurant. The menu looked very limited so never went there.In my opinion to be moored at Cantly for so long was wrong. 

• Like 1

It was left at Cantley as Reedham Swing Bridge failed followed by Haven Bridge & by the time they were  both fixed the tugs had been sent away as they are expensive by the day. Just one was used to push it on its final journey down stream 

Andy is right about the grime and fat running down the river side of the craft in Norwich - it was like that 6 years ago when I last passed by (on one of Andy's cruisers)