Oulton Crystal

Guest clivejgray

Hi All

Way back in 1990 we hired Oulton Crystal from Newson Boats Just wondered if she is still around. She was such a lovely boat to handle and we have such fantastic memories of that time on the broads (just 90 days till we are back woohoo). We have some pics on utube just search 'broads 1990' but any news on the boat would be appreciated. Hope to see some of you in August.

Clive n Julie :party2:

Wow I can see she has been busy. Looks like she has had a very good refurb and she looks as good as ever. We will always remember her as she took us to see my uncle before he passed on. Wonderful times. So looking forward to coming back. Trouble is Julie does not want me to spend my retirement lump sum on a boat, me thinks a good investment. This tale will , i am sure, continue.

We saw her 2 weeks ago near Burgh Castle with her mudweight down and

drifting in the current! Just as we came round the bend and saw her, Griff

on BA was approaching her and apparently the engine just died. He took her

in tow to St Olaves where someone from Moonfleet were meeting them.

Apart from that, she looked in good nic which you would expect from Moonfleet!

They did indeed meet the boat at St. Olaves where they assessed the situation and the same day two mechanics arrived with a new engine and with the help of the facilities of Doug Ashley Marine (opposite St. Olaves Broads Authority moorings) they completed the engine refit within three hours and it sailed off back to moonfleet. :clap

She certainly looks first class externally, like a new boat cheersbar

Shame Moonfleet haven't put any internal pictures on their website or Hoseasons, they've fallen a bit behind the times on this front as pretty much everyone else is now, and it would be good to see what the "refurbished" interior involves - new upholstery or something as comprehensive as the exterior?

Dan

post-93-136713817028_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713817041_thumb.jpg