royall oak

andyg

hi guys, we were moored behind royall oak the other week and was very impressed with the way the boat looked, got chatting to the couple on board and they kindly showed us around the boat. very smart indeed got home checked on royalls web site and shes fully booked for the rest of the season :( so we have now decided to book for april/may next year spoke to nigel royall (very nice guy by the way) but forgot to ask if the engine is mounted in the stern or under the helmsmen seat in saloon.doh has anyone hired this boat before or got any info, thanks in advance andy

The Diamond 35 engine is mounted amidships under the helmsmans seat. it does make it a bit more intrusive if you have to have the sliding roofs shut but its not really an issue IMHO.

You are right - they are great boats and I love mine!!!! Strangely they were never particularly popular and only a fairly limited no. built.

BCBM have some shares for sale on Thunder which is the 43 foot dual steer bigger sister and she is lovely. The first owner is out on her this week. A lovely boat built with the bridges in mind.

There was a thread on here a while back about the design and I think it was Clive that said they just came out at the wrong time when there was not much investment money about to buy new boats.

Have a great time Andy, it does look a cracking boat.

I especially like the lack of coloured stripes and her crisp white lines, and have always had a bit of a thing for those Diamond's - just the job

:Stinky

Dan

post-93-136713819435_thumb.jpg

thanks dan, i can see why she lets so well she really is fitted out to a very high standard and looks very comfy, after having hired suncharm three times and enjoyed the comfort that she offers my wife wont let me book the older boats :( that means i can only afford two trips a year now :naughty: