Neatishead Staithe As Was

Broads01

46 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Maybe there’s just a very wide boat on the foreground?

It's definitley wider now, there is a picture from one of the 'B.A.' lads weeks showing it full to the brim, with boats down the middle as well as either side. (big uns too).

19 hours ago, Broads01 said:

There seems to be no room to reverse out for those in the foreground.

I daresay that was the reason for making it wider, I wonder when that was done?

• Like 1

I remember years ago when we were moored there and a party of Sea Cadets on three boats, came in to moor that evening.

They were very well behaved and all went well until early next morning when they all started stomping about giving parade orders and then sounded Morning Colours on a bugle at 0800 hrs!

It wouldn't have been so bad if the solo bugler had managed to get all the right notes in the right order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

I remember years ago when we were moored there and a party of Sea Cadets on three boats, came in to moor that evening.

They were very well behaved and all went well until early next morning when they all started stomping about giving parade orders and then sounded Morning Colours on a bugle at 0800 hrs!

It wouldn't have been so bad if the solo bugler had managed to get all the right notes in the right order.

We use to see groups of sea cadets every Easter, 5 or 6 brooms boats in a row. I love them old wooden brooms craft. Come to think of it back in the late 70s early 80s there were always big groups of kids afloat. 

• Like 1