Just back from a 3 day land based visit to the broads. We stayed at the Nelson in Norwich. We got about a fair bit visiting Wroxham, Horning, Ac,Potter etc etc. We were both very impressed with covid procedures in all the pubs,cafes restaurants We visited. Every venue insisted on everyone using their track and trace app or locator forums were handed out. We witnessed one guy get a bit funny when ask to do so and he was told if he didn't he would have to leave absolutely spot on in my opinion. The staff at all venues We drank or ate at were simply fantastic and it was clear to see they were so glad to be open again. The rivers were no where as busy as I thought they would be with plenty of boats sitting in yards. I heard Clives name mentioned in the ferry inn Horning but realised I don't actually know what you look like Clive and your clearly not Alan partridge lol.. saw NBD new set of moulds sitting on their car park waiting to go into the shed,that's one big new boat. Wroxham hotel oh dear, how they get away with charging 9 quid for a cheese sandwich is beyond me, them are london prices lol. A very enjoyable few days so good to see everything coming back to life. The new gazebos at the ferry get the thumbs up from us and should stay.

• Like 3

Bank Holiday Sunday I was out along the Coast Road. I have never seen so many Cayennes, Macans and Panamera.

I stopped at a well known "Corner Shop" for 3 bunches of asparragus, box of strawberries and a small Jersey Cream that was £2.15. Total bill over £ 24!.

Well I hope the Kensington, Chelsea and Knightsbridge crew continue through the winter for them because they have had my business.

We called into Oulton Broad YS last week for water. The guy there gave us a freshly sanitised hose reel, took all my contact details plus the £2 water charge. Called in again 2 days later, a different guy just produced the hose and took the £2.