Mud Weighting Near Other Boats

tonplus

Ok, bit of a rant so be warned. Just mud weighted in South Walsham broad for lunch loads of space when Xxxxxxxxxxx from xxxxxxxxx comes in right in front of us drops his mud weight and then sods off on a yacht. If we hadn't moved out of the way  his boat would have swung round and hit us, the only reason I didn't have s go directly is that he had his wife and kids with him....and my wife told me not to! 

Ok rant over! 

Edited by Maxwellian
Edited to avoid breaking ToS “naming and shaming”
  • Like 3

Happens all the time when anchoring in a deserted bay. 
Bang. Everyone starts dropping hooks around you. 
it my be humans like to flock together. 
The thing is some boats catch the wind differently and turn at different rates.  

I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose, inexperienced crew etc etc. You obviously saw them come in, I'd of pointed out to them they were to close and why before they dropped their mudweight. Always good to offer a helping hand.

3 hours ago, andyg said:

I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose, inexperienced crew etc etc. You obviously saw them come in, I'd of pointed out to them they were to close and why before they dropped their mudweight. Always good to offer a helping hand.

No, sorry experienced crew and sailors, wouldn't even make eye contact, just pure arrogance in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, tonplus said:

No, sorry experienced crew and sailors, wouldn't even make eye contact, just pure arrogance in my opinion. 

So you are saying an experienced crew moored their boat in a position knowing it would potentially collied with your boat..wow that's one big assumption, that said I would of still pointed out to them their mistake. You don't need eye contact to make your point vocally. 

• Like 2