Two Couples

My wife and I are just back from our first boards hire-boat experience.

We found handling the boat, as novices, with just the two of us a little busy/daunting.

However, what it like being on a boat with another couple? 

Do the tensions rise as the space shrinks or does this work well for you?

Any experience of this?

• Thanks 1

Many groups of two couples hire a boat together , do make sure the boat has two separate “master” cabins to prevent any arguments / envy .

Quite a few boats are designed with two couples in mind , it makes the affordability far better (assuming shared cost), often on a boat with more facilities , and sharing helming etc often results in a more relaxing time , not to mention the enjoyment of good friends company 

• Like 1

Slightly different as we're family, but we go out with three couples: me and my wife, sister and bro in law, and my parents. That's all fine...it's my niece and nephew that get on my pecs after a while :8_laughing:

• Haha 1

Boats can be a drum echo chamber. Sounds travel easily.

I mean snoring 😜

Plenty boats are equipped for two couples ( and more) . You can do a lot more cruising with 4 pilots. An hour each and you can go from stracey  arms to Reedham without it feeling like a slog. Someone keeping the snacks going, someone keeping the glasses full, someone in charge of the tunes or quiz , and someone avoiding the reeds. 😂

what’s not to like 😍

• Like 4

We had a week with my cousins back in 2017, we were two couples and a single, so five of us and the dog. We hired Fair Royale from Ferry Marina and found that the accommodation worked well for us. Everyone had their own ensuite and the aft lounge was huge and comfortable.