transport

loribear

:wave hi all my sister had a look on web, & it looks like it's going to cost us £26 for a taxi from norwich to stalham, OUCH, has anybody been to stalham from norwich ? & if so which way is best to get there ? would we be better getting train to wroxham then a taxi to stalham ? or is there any busses that we could get ? any help would be appreciated. lori :Stinky

our lot worked out by the time you spend money getting the wroxham train from norwich & a taxi from hoverton to stalham it might have just been better getting a taxi from norwich

Jonny

Hi Lori

Me and Mrs Nog don’t drive so we use public transport regularly. The price for the taxi sounds about right – Norfolk taxis are quite expensive. As Jill mentioned you could catch a Number 12 First bus from Norwich to Stalham. You can catch the bus right outside the station on Thorpe Road. Takes about an hour as it goes round via Horning and Ludham.

The other option would be to take the train from Norwich to Wroxham. Cost you £3.70 each. Then get a cab to Stalham which would probably half the cost. It’s a shame because Richardson’s did use to run a minibus pickup service from Wroxham station but I’m going back a few years! Also remember that Wroxham station is actually officially know as Hoveton and Wroxham

Don’t forget if you travel from home you could get a ticket to Wroxham instead of Norwich and it probably won’t cost you any more.

Good luck!!!!

cheersbarcheersbar

:wave hi everybody, thankyou so much for all your help, did'nt think it was going to be so hard to get to richardsons, it'll make me think in future, i wish i could drive lol, as we've got a beautiful red rover75 sat on the drive , but i just have'nt got the nerve, even though ive got a provisional licence,GRrrrr. what a coward :lol: we'll probably be going to wroxham at some point so i'll give you a wave on webcam. lori :-)

In all honesty 26 is really reasonable for a taxi considering the distance. Remembering you have your baggage and stuff it will be a whole lot easier and less hassle too!

Yes, I'd agree with that. Norwich to Stalham is 15 miles each way, (the Taxi has to get back :) ) and takes a good hour and a half in the summer with the traffic through Wroxham.

As already mentioned, the 12 bus service is almost door to door but be careful to look at the indicator board, some turn round at Wroxham.

Also, although it used to be hourly and half hourly (when it was called 54), around the middle of the day there are now some two hour gaps.

hi lori, will be passing through norwich on the way to stalham on the 12th sept if thats the same day as you your more then welcome to a lift, as long as as you both dont do the same as my other half and take your whole wardrobe on hol, :naughty: let me no if we can help though

cheers andy

Hi Lori,

I recently used Dolphin taxis on Prince of wales road to get me from the train station to Horning which cost me £15, other taxis are normally £17 from north Norwich.

:wave hi clive thanx for info, have you got a number for them ? looking forwards to coming down, see you in 3 weeks yay. lori :Stinky

hi lori, will be passing through norwich on the way to stalham on the 12th sept if thats the same day as you your more then welcome to a lift, as long as as you both dont do the same as my other half and take your whole wardrobe on hol, :naughty: let me no if we can help though

cheers andy

:wave hi andy thanks for the offer, but we don't come down til 19th sept, but i'm sure we'll find a way there, but thanks for the thought though. lori cheersbar