Hi, I Am Saving A 1960’s Woody 30ft Cruiser

Heggsy

Hi, First time on here. I am at the start of saving an old 60’s Hippersons 30 cruiser which was sunk in Horning. Floated and towed to new location, lifted out ok now into full restoration.

i couldn’t resist In taking it on, so many have been lost...She’s part of our broads history.

If anybody knows any history on these, please share.

i am looking at 18mth turn around

Regards

Steve

• Like 8

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the restoration project.

My fathers first boat was one of these (her name was TWIG, and as the story goes, she was owned by the landlord of The Wherry In Geldeston; hence the name.

My boys were brought up on that boat; weekends, main summer holidays, when every we could, and certainly one of the main reasons we are still boating today.

Lovey boats, handle really well. can't wait to see the photos ................

Nice one, respect and congratulations.

We too were looking at and 18 month restoration when we took on Star Supreme 1.  Five and a half years, 8'500 man hours and nearly £70k before we finally recommissioned her as 'B.A' in 2007.   We are still maintaining and upgrading her top this day

Griff

• Like 5

Congratulations on your purchase, very best of luck with your restoration journey. Look forward to seeing pictures and hearing your story. 

It is a journey which several of us are on, a journey of pain, pleasure, and a fair amount of open wallet surgery.  There is a wealth of knowledge and experience of wooden boats on here.

• Like 1