Christmas 🎄 Day

Chelsea14Ian

1 hour ago, addicted said:

beef casserole  braised in red wine accompanied by more veg than you can shake a stick at to be followed by plum crumble or trifle with sufficient alcohol in it to satisfy even Gracie plus a cheeseboard

Sounds very much like our lunch today. The trifle has the last of Catherine’s wedding cake as the base, I froze all the ‘trimmings’ when I was levelling it back in April. And so much veg to make sure my son goes back home tomorrow with plenty of vitamins and minerals inside him!!! There’s also plum pie and blackberry (gin) and apple crumble to use up. 

• Like 3

Mindful that we are off to the boat on Friday I’ve bought far less food this Christmas than I normally do, and feel a lot better for it. Yesterday the boys and I just had a fish platter smoked salmon, pickled herring, trout pate and smoked mackerel with salad (cheese platter for Graham). We still haven’t eaten our Christmas pud though!

This lunchtime for pud I tried a recipe from this months Good Housekeeping Mag. Sticky rice with mango. The rice has creamed coconut mixed in with it and the dish is sprinkled with desiccated coconut toasted in a pan with sugar. Yum! I will definitely make it again. 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 20:33, Chelsea14Ian said:

So this afternoon we had lunch at the boathouse.Very nice indeed. 

Seeing the location, is that what was 'The Eels Foot' if so, as a child I went there regularly with my parents, until one night when we were there and I seem to remember a police raid which I think was due to a lock in and children on the premises and it got closed down.:default_sad:

• Like 1