Bollysnigh - Andrew

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I must inform forumites of the passing of Andrew Griffin this morning  

Andrew and Clare are known to many members of the NBN  He was a most popular member of the wooden boat group and their annual gathering at Beccles

He will be very much missed

Griff

• Sad 13

My memories of Andrew are happy, full of laughter, and somewhat protracted conversations. A short hop from Oulton Broad to the Wet Shed on Broadland Grebe, which took 3 of us 3 days. Introducing Andrew to the  Broadland Grebe Mince and Tatties, and him introducing me to the delights of a decent red wine. His enthusiasm for the Circus Head project knew no bounds, and he became a firm favourite with the ambulance staff who met him. 

As someone in the funeral business, I encounter death every day of my working life, Andrew's death has put me on the other side of my work desk. There are few words, but this poem comes to mind, because Andrew really does leave an afterglow of smiles. Fair winds and following seas to the man who was, is and always will be Andrew. 

I’d like the memory of me to be a happy one.
I’d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done.
I’d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.
I’d like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun;
Of happy memories that I leave when life is done.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

Evening one and all,

Clare has asked me to say a few words at Andrews funeral - Fri 21st April, 1700 at Cromer Crematorium, Holt Rd, NR27 9JJ

Now, the older I get, it seems it’s ever harder to do the ‘Public speaky thing’

However in this case I consider it an honour so have accepted her kind request

Clare has asked that my slot will refer to and relate funny anecdotes / stories / incidents that our Andrew was involved with.

This is where you lot come in, whether you are attending or not

I need you to send me them directly to my email griff15@btinternet.com not publish them to everyone in here

Clare will then pick as many out as I need for my allocated time slot

Then in due course after the funeral I will publish the lot for all to peruse and enjoy (With Clare’s authorisation)

Thanks in advance and please don’t leave it to the last minute,

Griff

For those that couldn’t attend and those that wanted to view it live via the web – You couldn’t because the link / password etc was not published – An oversight.

However it is now available to view the recording if you should so wish here:-

www.watch.obitus.com  

Username:-  qepo4576

Password:-  425471

Griff

• Thanks 1