Younger Boaters

TFrench89

3 minutes ago, TFrench89 said:

I know I'm not the most popular of contributors to this forum... But i believe we need to introduce younger people to the beautiful Broads. 

Been there, done that.  We used to bring our son on The Broads from when he was about six until he was seventeen in 2005, when going on holiday with his parents didn’t earn him street cred.

He didn’t accompany us again until 2014, when he came with us and his then girlfriend.  They came with us for another three years, until his girlfriend became his wife and was too pregnant to have a boating holiday.

We bought into the Moonlight Shadow syndicate in 2018 and then bought our own boat in 2019, but retained a 4% share in MS, primarily so our son and his family can still enjoy a Broads boating holiday at a cost somewhat less than hiring a boat themselves

Now working and with a family of his own, he fully understands why we were (and still are) so passionate about the area and how relaxing  a boating holiday can be.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Been there, done that.  We used to bring our son on The Broads from when he was about six until he was seventeen in 2005, when going on holiday with his parents didn’t earn him street cred.

He didn’t accompany us again until 2014, when he came with us and his then girlfriend.  They came with us for another three years, until his girlfriend became his wife and was too pregnant to have a boating holiday.

We bought into the Moonlight Shadow syndicate in 2018 and then bought our own boat in 2019, but retained a 4% share in MS, primarily so our son and his family can still enjoy a Broads boating holiday at a cost somewhat less than hiring a boat themselves

Now working and with a family of his own, he fully understands why we were (and still are) so passionate about the area and how relaxing  a boating holiday can be.

We live in Alnwick and don't drive, however my father taught me that Norfolk was the perfect destination for me and my young and beautiful wife

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

They came with us for another three years, until his girlfriend became his wife and was too pregnant to have a boating holiday.

That describes my family too Mouldy apart from boyfriend became husband and now my daughter’s too pregnant to have a boating holiday. She says she can’t get the wheel of the car at the moment😂

But they’ll be back and with them, the next generation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TFrench89 said:

Well if you see us I'll be the bloke with the red hair... I'd love to say hello to all you legends... But I guess I'm not the normal Broads folk. 

I’m interested in who you consider to be normal Broads folk. Personally, I’ve met a broad (pun not intended) range of people enjoying the Broads. 

• Like 3

I'm not normal but I do consider myself a Broads person :default_biggrin: I think the Broads are enjoyed by a wide range of people young and old as it should be too. My boys were on boating holidays since they were in nappies and myself since I was 6.

All I hope for really is that the Broads survives after recent charges, mooring closures, damning newspaper articles  etc and lots more generations of families can enjoy the beautiful place too x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1