Broadland Model Railway Club Show, 27th August 2023.

TheQ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep I'll be there,  but I don't know on what duty yet, I'm collecting the road signs and banners tonight but they won't be put up till tomorrow morning. Then we go to the hall set up our own layouts, mark out where the visitors layouts will park theirs and generally prepare everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy said:

We listened to bbc radio Norfolk treasure quest and they visited you this morning looking at the pictures on their web page I’ll have to visit next year when is the wroxham show thanks 

They did visit, and I was there when the lovely young presenter with a mic visited. 

3 hours ago, Bikertov said:

They did visit, and I was there when the lovely young presenter with a mic visited. 

That would be the lovely Courtney Yule.

Sadly Due to cuts in the BBC Local Radio programmes. There are only two more Radio Norfolk Treasure quests left. The last one is September 10th.

It's been running since 2008 and has become a Sunday morning institution. Has promoted lots of local events and raised lots for Children in need.

Sad to see it taken off the airways

It must be one of local radio's longest-running shows.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

That would be the lovely Courtney Yule.

Sadly Due to cuts in the BBC Local Radio programmes. There are only two more Radio Norfolk Treasure quests left. The last one is September 10th.

It's been running since 2008 and has become a Sunday morning institution. Has promoted lots of local events and raised lots for Children in need.

Sad to see it taken off the airways

It must be one of local radio's longest-running shows.

Yes it’s very very sad to see such a great show finishing and it’s one of bbc radio Norfolk’s most popular shows with such a following I was lucky to be a clue holder in April and met the lovely Julie it seems as though the cut backs on the radio haven’t been thought out ! 

By reading their Facebook page there are lots of unhappy listeners at the decision and bbc radio Norfolk will loose lots of listeners once this change happens I know I’m not going to be listening to the station after the 10th September sad!!! 

I was pleased I could pop by and support the show and the club. Luckily, I managed to drop the OH off at the Richardson's Cafe up the road for an hour, so not too many complaints there.

It was great to meet you TheQ. I also took your advice and called by the Radar Museum. Didn't have time to go in, but had a look around some of the pieces outside. Got chatting to a very nice chap - ex-services, he was a veteran of 3 Para and had served in the Falklands war among other places. He even knew some of the radar kit I used to work on as an apprentice, and it also turned out had been to various camps that I too had been to when in the Cadets at school. Funny how the paths of total strangers can cross, even if it is at different times.

• Like 1