Ten Days On The Boat

If stopping at prickwillow check to see if the drainage engine museum is having a running day, it's fascinating and check the high water kings lynn level mark in the stairway then look out the back at the general land level, and don't ffs tell al quaeda about denver sluice.

There used to be two good pubs on the old west, lazy otter and fish & duck at the cam confluence, technically it should be called the cam from there as the great ouse originally went out to sea at wisbechistan and that area was mostly a marshy estuary, there's a book from imray (can't remeber name as been on the lash all afternoon) that jones's probably have about the history of those waterways which is worth a read.

1st time we did brownshill staunch it was only the wire fences stopping us going around it as the water was that high.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

I thought  you had bought one? 

So did I ... Unfortunately the sale fell through just before the survey was done, as the boat was taken off the market.

I've been looking again, and recently viewed a few when I was up in Norfolk last weekend. But as and when I do find something I won't say anything until things are more certain, so as not to jinx it.

• Like 1