Ten Days On The Boat

Starting Friday we have a week plus to take a cruise.

we intend to head up the old west,through Ely.and explore the wissey,little Ouse and the river lark.

ill take some pics,

just got to get my last day at work out of the way!

Fuel tank has 175 litres,plus I’ve @50 litres in “Jerry “ cans

100 gallons of water wasat 450 litres will see how that goes(might have misread the manual?)

that said we’ve never run out of water.I’ll keep it topped off as there is a low bridge we would like to pass under on day 3.

we may well be 2” too highD4F0C7F6-1E41-4014-ACFD-66534951CCFE.thumb.jpeg.41d41423e03a1584ca097ba03b6b0369.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, mikeyboy1966 said:

Starting Friday we have a week plus to take a cruise.

we intend to head up the old west,through Ely.and explore the wissey,little Ouse and the river lark.

ill take some pics,

just got to get my last day at work out of the way!

Fuel tank has 175 litres,plus I’ve @50 litres in “Jerry “ cans

100 gallons of water wasat 450 litres will see how that goes(might have misread the manual?)

that said we’ve never run out of water.I’ll keep it topped off as there is a low bridge we would like to pass under on day 3.

we may well be 2” too highD4F0C7F6-1E41-4014-ACFD-66534951CCFE.thumb.jpeg.41d41423e03a1584ca097ba03b6b0369.jpeg

Have a wonderfull time :default_smiley-char054:

Enjoy! But hold your breath past the sugar beet factory on the wissey.

The ends of the smaller rivers are lovely but can be a bit like a ditch on the lower stretches as much of them were man made, there's roman and monastic bits so everyone in the last 2000 years has played with them.

If you can get under the bridge at Brandon creek the guy just up there always used to be cheap for diesel. 

My dad had a Broom 30 very much like that. She was registered F74 on the broads, but seems to have moved elsewhere in the early 90s. I always wonder if I'll come across it one day. It was the only boat I've ever known get a proper osmosis treatment (all gelcoat fully planed off and replaced) so will probably go on forever.

What engine(s) is yours?

4 minutes ago, dom said:

My dad had a Broom 30 very much like that. She was registered F74 on the broads, but seems to have moved elsewhere in the early 90s. I always wonder if I'll come across it one day. It was the only boat I've ever known get a proper osmosis treatment (all gelcoat fully planed off and replaced) so will probably go on forever.

What engine(s) is yours?

On http://norfolk.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Search_the_Database

comes up as Edna Rose not seen on the system listed

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dom said:

What engine(s) is yours?

Single Perkins 4108

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lulu said:

Looking forward to your write up. Ive often toyed with the ides of moving Luna there so we are closer to the boat but the locks put me off. She was based there in a past life 

I quite enjoy the locks,

nice to have a chat with other crews when sharing the lock.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...