Hot Or What!

Wussername

I have air-con units at home, and am considering going for a proper multi-room system from a single outdoor unit that will heat and cool and because it heats, it qualifies for zero VAT. But during looking into this, I found this little unit - under £500.00 for motorhomes and caravans:

Screenshot2023-09-10at20-39-33MesticSplitCaravanMotorhomeAirConditionerPortableSPA3000SPA5000.png.0afdb50086f78fcbbc5d3c8f5df5fc0f.png

It does (like all systems, even Marine) need 240v power, but that could be from shore or a generator and while it's power is small in producing 3,000BTU of cooling power (1400w) it would cool a space and most importantly reduce humidity within the boat. They do a larger and more expensive 5,000BTU model too. You have an outdoor condenser unit which has a short 'umbilical' cord easily passed through an open window and secured to side deck, or an outside space through an open door. You can find more info here.

• Thanks 1

Well despite it being a tad warm yesterday I got a fair amount done, the hot tub was topped up to the max level mark (it had dropped below the minimum, so needed probably 150 litres, this cooled it down to around 30 degrees. Then it was moving a bench top milling machine up into the workshop bedroom, this involved several trips as even disassembled some of the parts are pretty heavy, following this was dealing with the collapse of the workbench, (the folly of expecting a stack of 3 plastic crates to hold the weight of a milling machine) and the building of some supports for said workbench. by this time I was soaked through, so headed for the not so hot tub, at 30 deg it was 2 deg cooler than its surroundings, so blissful, after a good 30 minute soak it was back to work to troubleshoot this mills gearbox, as it doesnt seem to be going into a gear when one of the levers is moved.

one chillmax air fan has been moved into the workshop, as it managed to get up to 27 deg indoors here yesterday

On 10/09/2023 at 02:49, MauriceMynah said:

My dear fellow, rest assured that I wouldn't do such a thing. Such a port would be savoured throughout the storm. No, Gin with a dash of the good old medicinal Angesturar bitters ("left in" for my preference) poured over ice, with a further 33% by volume, tonic is the refresher for me. If it's really hot the tonic may be increased by vast percentages, but then so must the bitters be.

And of course,  the Gin.  :-)

Quite agree 'Pinkers In' for me too, a proper pink gin, not this modern stuff you see on the shelves, that's sweet and sickly! 

• Like 1