Hot Or What!

Wussername

Today, Saturday, hot or what on the river.

And by all acount, going to be hot again tomorrow. Bring it on I say, however it can be too hot on the river and I sometimes  crave for a bit of shade.

Mustn't grumble, it will soon be Autumn. Chilly mornings and nights but a beautiful time of the year to be on the river.

Andrew

• Like 4

It is too hot here in Northern France. 35 here today again.

Sadly it means we are not seeing as much as we would like. We have spent more time under the sun canopy at the side of the van than anywhere else ☹️

Waiting on it to cool off a touch so we can walk the dog and get something to eat.

• Like 1

Very hot today and made worse by very little breeze until late afternoon.  I've dropped my weight on Wroxham Broad with windscreens down and canopy up to try and create a breeze tunnel, minor issue is there was no breeze until an hour or so ago!

More of the same tomorrow but hopefully a bit cooler on Monday.

• Like 1

As one gets older the temperature becomes important,  or should I say one should be aware of the effects of high temperature on those of an age. 

I get out of puff. I get tired and in extreme circumstances a bit disoriented. Then is the time to stop and rest.

A glass of Sauvignon Blanc, from New Zealand. Marlborough, in the shade, you should recover very quickly. 

Every wine has a sweet spot. Remember Marlborough.j

Andrew.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

My dear fellow, rest assured that I wouldn't do such a thing. Such a port would be savoured throughout the storm. No, Gin with a dash of the good old medicinal Angesturar bitters ("left in" for my preference) poured over ice, with a further 33% by volume, tonic is the refresher for me. If it's really hot the tonic may be increased by vast percentages, but then so must the bitters be.

And of course,  the Gin.  :-)

• Like 2

I logged on this morning and thought I was on a different planet. Smogs is going on in another thread about Saturdays and waztiz or whatever now all this talk of rum and gin with stuff added, what is Angesturar for goodness sake? :facepalm:Anyone just had a lovely cool glass of Prosecco? :default_biggrin:

It is so so hot I am off to the beach today to try and cool down, there is always a nice breeze coming across the sea

Have a great Sunday everyone and take care in this heat x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's a pity I'm not on Broads at this time, particularly these Nights' lack of my beauty Sleep as to being on the River it's a bit Cooler at night time as I wish I was there now still at Home in the. Shade with Fan on full blast and Watch One Day England Cricket to beat New Zealand I hope🤞that I don't fall asleep 😴 during the match . 

• Like 1

"now all this talk of rum and gin with stuff added, what is Angesturar for goodness sake?" 

My fault Gracie,  I should have spelled it correctly, then you would have known. I meant Angostura bitters, the ingredient that makes a genuine "Pinkers" (pink gin) pink. 

It's not unpleasant to have just a few drips in lemonade (with or without gin) 

It is usually measured in "drips" as it has such a strong flavour,  more than a tiny amount would make most people feel a little ill.

16 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I'd fall asleep through the Cricket whether it was hot or not :default_biggrin: x

Me too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeilB said:

. . . . . . . I've dropped my weight on Wroxham Broad with windscreens down and canopy up to try and create a breeze tunnel . . . . . .

I dropped my weight into a folding chair, strategically placed in the shade of a nearby tree at Pyes Mill and enjoyed a lovely afternoon there.  I had to force my weight out of the chair a couple of times to replenish my glass and to set the Cobb up to cook dinner.

Days like these are made for idling on The Broads.

IMG_0901.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

"now all this talk of rum and gin with stuff added, what is Angesturar for goodness sake?" 

My fault Gracie,  I should have spelled it correctly, then you would have known. I meant Angostura bitters, the ingredient that makes a genuine "Pinkers" (pink gin) pink. 

It's not unpleasant to have just a few drips in lemonade (with or without gin) 

It is usually measured in "drips" as it has such a strong flavour,  more than a tiny amount would make most people feel a little ill.

Me too.

Very nice to have a few drips in a Bitter Shandy.

I'm currently on the river. Ludham Bridge for lunch and now at Acle. The north is so busy at the moment. The hot sun, for probably the last time this year, has brought everyone out. It's the first time I've had to leave one of the wheelhouse sides closed so I can draw the curtain and keep the sun off. Thinking those sedan and dual steer hireboat crews must be roasting in their enclosed spaces. 

4 hours ago, Mouldy said:

I dropped my weight into a folding chair, strategically placed in the shade of a nearby tree at Pyes Mill and enjoyed a lovely afternoon there.  I had to force my weight out of the chair a couple of times to replenish my glass and to set the Cobb up to cook dinner.

Days like these are made for idling on The Broads.

IMG_0901.jpeg

Non. Le France 🇫🇷 😀20230910_144126.thumb.jpg.a76a6f2e4635c851f8ebbf03b196393d.jpg

33 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

I'm currently on the river. Ludham Bridge for lunch and now at Acle. The north is so busy at the moment. The hot sun, for probably the last time this year, has brought everyone out. It's the first time I've had to leave one of the wheelhouse sides closed so I can draw the curtain and keep the sun off. Thinking those sedan and dual steer hireboat crews must be roasting in their enclosed spaces. 

We were watching the hire crews leaving Le Boat a couple of days ago wondering how many were given heat advice or heat stroke advice.

I suspect none!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cal said:

Non. Le France 🇫🇷 😀20230910_144126.thumb.jpg.a76a6f2e4635c851f8ebbf03b196393d.jpg

Been there, done that many times, but further south.  I think, on reflection, the Gorge du Tarn region was my favourite and maybe we’ll go again one day, but we’re very happy with Norfolk and The Broads.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Been there, done that many times, but further south.  I think, on reflection, the Gorge du Tarn region was my favourite and maybe we’ll go again one day, but we’re very happy with Norfolk and The Broads.

We are doing it the opposite way round 😀

Done the Broads, done boat ownership and now travelling with the van while we are fit and healthy enough to put in the miles.

No doubt we will settle back with a boat when we are done travelling and have more time on our hands!

13 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Excuse me but that is not a fair comment.

Maybe maybe not.

None of the crew had what we in the UK would call a thorough hand over and none set off with sun shares erected in the midday sun.

Although they did appear to provide basic pub garden type shades (on most boats) none were handed over erected in what at the time was over 35 degree heat in blazing sunshine.

We know from our handover at the same base it wasn't the best.

Could be unfair I suppose 😏