Broads Lettercard

4 hours ago, bucket said:

That must be really difficult for you, I wish you all the best in your quest to retrieve them.

They are in Horning - not lost thankfully, but I found I did have a scan of me on my first holiday - Admiral III (not positive about the number but will never forget the boat!)

My father was introduced to the Broads in around the 1930s when his father took him on holiday - there are photos of them on a Sabrina, but later photos with my mother on something a bit smaller!  After the war they then started to hire motor cruisers and the Admirals were my first two holidays.

Holidayphoto2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, bucket said:

And mine as well Simon! The 3rd and 4th week of August 1981..........fabulous time!

You and I had our first trips at exactly the same time. We were there 14th-21st August aboard Consul 3 from Norfolk Broads Yachting Company in Wroxham. I was 10 years old at the time and that's what set it all off for me.

• Like 2

Well how about that!?

I will have been 25. Went with my girlfriend on a tiny boat called Caribou, from Ludham marine, at Womack.

And ditto, that's what set it all off for me too.

• Like 2

Would have been about three months old on my first trip. Having a godfather who worked at Little Ships OB helped.

Also being brought up 2 miles from St Olaves may have helped too. Also being best friends with Archie Peace's (he of Albatross boats) two sons.

• Like 4