TV Aerials now.

Hi all,

Now that I've decided on my TV, I now require a decent aerial. You all probably have your favorites, and I know there are all sorts out there, but is there one that stands out from the crowd, but doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Many thanks all

Baz cheersbar

Hiya Matt,

That sounds promising, the one I've been looking at is the Log 40, at 44" long, so not too bad. The signal strength will be fine coming from Talconeston, so with the recommendations I've had so far from Buffalo Bill etc, and coming from the same company, I think I might give it a go.

Thanks for the input Matt

Baz cheersbar

I use this powered booster aerial from Avtex. It's powered via my Avtex TV, but it can also be powered directly with the 12v power adapter, or via a DTV set top box. Storage is no problem - there are no sharp edges or points and it's so small it will fit into a drawer. I get a full range of programmes when moored at Hoveton Viaduct, which was always been a difficult spot until the Tacolneston output was boosted.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got to try out our new aerial briefly at the weekend. I opted for a Status 330 model in the end, to replace the defunct 315 model already fitted to the boat. I also ordered the model with 10m of cable (rather than the normal 5m) to avoid having to join it at all.

As it turns out, a perfect picture at Rockland Staithe, where I didn't really expect to get much (did have to turn the gain up to max though), so we're happy enough with that! Best thing was that Brian Wards of Brundall were £16 cheaper than the local caravan shop too!