Sneaky weekend on Salerno

I’ve not been on here for a number of months – But I spose I really should spread my wings a little further with all things ‘Broads related’.

So come the end of August I am going to be having a 'sneaky weekend break' (I say this because my manager has no idea I will be taking the Friday off work currently - I think may have to accientally have something medically wrong occur lol) but shall be on Salerno – which was so much cheaper than anything else from anywhere else for the time I am going.

I had to give Richardson's credit, they don’t have this special offer or that big discount, just consistent low prices. Perhaps why this will be the third booking made with Richardson’s this year alone. The boat in question looks very nice inside, compact yet airy. I hope the weather keeps nice too.

Due to me being hit by bad luck (what is new there) but this was a special form of bad luck, for it was Friday 13th July. I left my camera on the upper helm of Far Horizon, overnight in the rain – by morning it was in a puddle of water (yet amazingly survived) it had a death wish however for me dropping it on the floor later the same day killed it off.

I’m sorry to say though the ‘Captains Blogs’ will continue – I’ve got a cheapo camera as a stop gap replacement.

I’ll add to the holiday tales when I return. :-)

www.youtube.com/feelmyheaven

@ Clive: Sadly this will be my’ first hire’ to count towards the scheme, San Julian was booked through Hoseasons – Far Horizon I did not pay for.

At the rate I’m going though I’ll soon catch up ;-)

@ Dan: Because work has cut hours to mean I only do a 4 day week it means long weekends have suddenly become easy (as long as I can get the Friday off) and frankly with prices Richardson’s charge it makes it possible too :-)