Weather

-4*C this morning in Derbyshire, rising to -2*C at lunchtime, very heavy frost over the past few nights with some freezing fog, but no snow yet. :)

I bet some of the shallower backwaters like Womack are frozen over already, Im just keeping my fingers crossed that we have completely drained off our water systems, as I did get caught out a couple of seasons ago, and ended up paying out for a new shower tap where it had split under the washbasin.

Julz :wave

Hello Julz,

The same temperature her on the Sheffield/Derbyshire border a crisp start this morning.

We had Ranworth Breeze winterised last Friday after checking the forcasts and the last few owners have not used their weeks.

I know that friends with caravans drain off their water systems but have problems with the water traps and toilets. They use salt in the traps and toilets but I guess they could also use antifreeze.

Regards

Alan

We use large cat litter trays of salt to keep the condensation out of the upholstry and carpets, but im not sure about using it in the water systems as it could corode the heater if left in contact for too long over Winter. In Spring we always flush through with a few gallons of water and Milton solution, but is just left in for a couple of hours before its all flushed through again with fresh.

Some people recommend leaving the taps in the open position to allow for any expansion should a freeze occur, but I have known insects and spiders to take up residence in the system if they are able to crawl up the pipe from the pump inlet outside if the cap is not 100% secure, so im not going to encourage them from the inside as well! :naughty:

Julz :wave

Interesting start today and forecast bang on.

It had rained lightly this morning around 4.30am onto freezing ground. Anything but main roads were literally like sheets of ice at 7.00am it was -2c. By 8.00am the temperature had risen to +4c and by 10.00am it was fairly hacking down with rain and 8c quite a change.

Can bee seen here: http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/ ... RES=0&WMO=

• 2 weeks later...
post-937-136713953227_thumb.jpg hi everyone, hope you're all bearing up with these floods, i looked at the york webcam today & could'nt believe my eyes,the last time i looked the river was just on the edge of the mooring, but today it was nearly half way up the sign post, so it is hard to tell where the river edge is,i really feel for these people, having to evacuate so close to Christmas, i'm really glad that i live in the derbyshire hills, & it's not that long ago since it flooded last, i don't think it's even been a month, i don't think i'd ever want to live in york when it's flooding that much,it's really aweful for the people who live next to the river, knowing that you're going to have to evacuate every time it floods, lori