LE BOAT LEAVE SOMERLEYTON

boycee

I was told a couple of weeks ago that Le Boat had closed their base at Somerleyton Basin & returned to their Northern base.I waited to post the info until I knew the fate of the basin & the many boaters who moor there.This week I have had it confirmed that Lord Somerleyton has bought the basin & its moorings & all occupants will stay in situ if they so desire so the future is secure.what I dont know is where Le Boat are relocating to,but I presume it will be Horning

Boycee

:party1:

Considering the amount of money they spent at Horning, I can't see

them vacating there in a hurry!

I dont think Le Boat have spent high amounts of money on the site at Horning themselves.

It isn't owned by them, and the big improvements were done before they took the place on, by the owners/landlord.

If they did ever move back then as they still operate some craft from there that cannot get under Wroxham Bridge a further cutdown or change of lineup would be needed,

Dan

P,S it's a shame Somerleyton was so short lived, but given the marketing effort and lack of brochure presence or even appearance in 2012 it is not that suprising. The Southern Broads is harder to sell holidays on and I do not think they tried very hard to sell it.