Good little earner

brandenjg

Hi everyone, whilst looking through ebay i found this up for grabs. I've seen the boat For Sale on another website for around £4000 and i've got to say i'm a bit confused. Am i right in thinking someone has bid £310 just to view a boat? If so keep an eye out for my boat on ebay every week for viewings :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viewing-of-20 ... 43b8a0ccf9

i'm a bit confused. Am i right in thinking someone has bid £310 just to view a boat?

It hasn't got a formal ebay reserve, presumably to partly save money on the listing fee which would be much higher for an item with a reserve or starting price of the few thousand that it's probably worth. It also makes it appear to be a real bargain.

The seller has also probably indicated that the auction is for just viewing the boat, in case the bidding did not reach the minimum that they are no doubt prepared to sell it for. If that happened, they may renege on the deal and get negative feedback.

If you follow the www link that the seller has given in the description, you'll see the sort of price they are looking for.

Yes, this sort of thing happens quite a lot on Ebay now. They tighten up on it quite a bit sometimes, but not always.

They used to also not allow "advertised elsewhere so may be removed at any time", but even that seems to have been relaxed now.

I looked at in on ebay last night.

Theres no confusion, its says the listing is to view. the seller would be in there rights to pursue the winning numpty and request payment for the opportunity to view this boat!

In reality this will not happen but if the buyer has any sense he will pull the listing otherwise they will still have a final value fee to pay unless the buyer agrees to cancel it!

I looked at in on ebay last night.

Theres no confusion, its says the listing is to view. the seller would be in there rights to pursue the winning numpty and request payment for the opportunity to view this boat!

In reality this will not happen but if the buyer has any sense he will pull the listing otherwise they will still have a final value fee to pay unless the buyer agrees to cancel it!

Yes, a tricky situation now, the current highest bid will raise a final value fee of about £35, which as you say, will only be waived if the buyer agrees to canceling the sale. Even when they don't pay "to view", Ebay might still demand the final value fee because of the circumstances.

Even if the lead bidder pulls their bid, it will revert back through the other 23 bids, one bidder at a time....

Not sure how long is left, but the seller can remove the listing at anytime as long there is more than 12hours left, the seller would simply state that its no longer available and all bids will be cancelled and listing removed, with no more fee's other than the listing fee to pay. I would not have such crazy listing but if i did thats how i would end it without fee's of bad feedback.

Not sure how long is left, but the seller can remove the listing at anytime as long there is more than 12hours left, the seller would simply state that its no longer available and all bids will be cancelled and listing removed, with no more fee's other than the listing fee to pay. I would not have such crazy listing but if i did thats how i would end it without fee's of bad feedback.

Branden's ebay link is now coming up as "Item 290860354809 is no longer available."