My Avatar

SueH

Can't say I know much about Corgi's apart from the Queen having them and me collecting Corgi cars as a kid,, :naughty:

This was my baby Kali, the only Dog I've ever had that didn't know it was Dog, she thought she was human, sadly we lost her last year aged fourteen, she was a rescue dog and we had her for twelve years, we both still miss her a lot even though she was always under my feet on the boat,,,

post-39-0-13323300-1393339737_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

They all seem to love being on boats don't they? 

I am worried sometimes though seeing dogs walking up and down the decks of boats seemingly without an owner in sight.  Yes they are nimble, but it wouldn't take much for them to fall and the owner not have any idea of what had happened.

They are part of the family, but unfortunately - as Frank found last year - they do not live with us for long and each time we lose one it is a huge wrench.

SueH

• Like 1

Sue! when I had boats with rear cockpits if the canopy was down my Kali would jump over the side for a swim, we ended up having to keep her on a chain, at least with the Hampton she had free run of the boat, well that was if we could get her off the bed,,,

• Like 1

The only time Lulu gets off the boat is when we Moor up....and then she is off normally to the nearest boat with a door open making out she is an orphan.

Having said that if our young boy gets off with her they are never more than 6 feet apart ..... and yes they have matching life jackets not wellies lol.

She is 3 years old now and we rescued her as a pup (only 7 weeks old) the scumbags that had her were breeding them for bait dogs.

she is a big part of our family and would be or go anywhere without her.