New Engines - Something to consider

Mmmm! Kia Soul ll  I have one and love it, Full service £160, two front tyres (The Kia kills them) £90, Audi A6 Jude's brother has one, front light bulb £160 I kid you not, £120 for bulb £40 fitting, I some special Xenon or something like that,four new tyres, £900, had my Kia three years and not one problem, Jude's Brother Audi A6 same three years and it's been in the dealers at least three time for repairs and it always cost him at least £400, think I'll stick with my Kia, not to go off topic, boat engines! yep I have one on my boat 1.5 BMC 37 years old and it still purrs like a kitten, because it's been serviced ever year and looked after, when I'm out looking at boats the first thing I look at is the engine it's a good indicator of how well the boat has been looked after, I'm honestly amazed at the state of some engines, boat immaculate on the outside and inside but the Engines look like they havn't been touched since the boat was built, when I lift the engine hatch even Judi says Fur Coat and no Knickers if it's a rough one,,

Frank,,,,,

• 1 month later...

Hi

My names is Andrew Knight, I am the owner of Marine Power Solutions; the sole UK and European distributer of the M-Power range of diesel engines.

I have followed this post with obvious interest and would like to make a few points

• We have been supplying these engines for about 7 years now and year on year sales are increasing, not only due to our competitive pricing but also we supply a great product.  We have sold over 500 engines to satisfied customers.
  • We are always improving our products and try to supply what boaters need; at the right price without forfeiting quality.
  • Our warranty is honoured by ourselves and is now a 3 year warranty.  By buying from us you have a UK based supplier that not only gives a much longer warranty but help in most boating questions or queries.
  • Spares are stocked by us at our warehouse in Bristol, these we can send out worldwide by post or courier at very competitive prices
  • Our prices are always shown for anyone to see........  Does anyone else do that?
  • We have customers that do 3,000+ hours per year commercially, these engines are built to last.  they maybe slightly heavier than our competition but is an extra 100kg low down in your boat a problem?
  • We now supply PRM gearboxes as standard, you can have the budget option but the price difference is so small we sell very few of these types.
  • In the new year we have a whole new range of dedicated Inland waterways engines on offer from 27hp to 80hp.

As mentioned above, we will be supplying a new range of Keel Cooled versions of our engines. Starting with our 3 cylinder 27hp (MP-327KC) up to the 4 cylinder 80hp (MP-480KC).  Hopefully this will accomodate most inland waterways applications.  These engine will have a water cooled exhaust manifold with blending tank, twin alternators, deluxe control panel, calorifier fittings etc. all as standard.

We will be exhibiting this new range of engines at the next Crick show and hope to do very well with them as they will be competitively priced as with all our other engines.  The provisional prices are the same as our standard engines:

• MP-327KC with PRM80   @ £2,900
  • MP-332KC with PRM80   @ £3,000
  • MP-446KC with PRM120 @ £3,350
  • MP-446KC with PRM150 @ £3,800
  • MP-458KC with PRM150 @ £4,000
  • MP-480KC with PRM260 @ £5,400

These prices do exclude VAT and delivery, but delivery to most of the UK is only £60.00

Please contact me if you do require clarification on any points, we are here to help.  Our new website (www.marine-power.net) gives more information if needed

Kind regards

Andrew Knight

www.marine-power.net

I thought Kia cars came with a 7 year warranty - and it all feels like their concept is buy now cheaper, and in 7 years will you still want that car or 'upgrade' to the new model.  Bit like mobile phones just 'throw away' culture.

Saying this, if you had bought a more expensive Audi, would those parts be cheaper because your initial outlay on the car was more I don't think so.

The 7 year warranty on a Kia covers less of the car over time, and Kia cars recently are not as cheap as they were.  Plus you pay for the warranty through dealer servicing.  But we digress!

My 50cc moped is badged as a Peugeot, but is effectively a generic Chinese product.  Been ultra reliable mind you, parts are cheap as chips and readily available.  In just under 3 years I've racked up 45,500KM's on it!

Hi

My names is Andrew Knight, I am the owner of Marine Power Solutions; the sole UK and European distributer of the M-Power range of diesel engines.

I have followed this post with obvious interest and would like to make a few points

• We have been supplying these engines for about 7 years now and year on year sales are increasing, not only due to our competitive pricing but also we supply a great product.  We have sold over 500 engines to satisfied customers.
  • We are always improving our products and try to supply what boaters need; at the right price without forfeiting quality.
  • Our warranty is honoured by ourselves and is now a 3 year warranty.  By buying from us you have a UK based supplier that not only gives a much longer warranty but help in most boating questions or queries.
  • Spares are stocked by us at our warehouse in Bristol, these we can send out worldwide by post or courier at very competitive prices
  • Our prices are always shown for anyone to see........  Does anyone else do that?
  • We have customers that do 3,000+ hours per year commercially, these engines are built to last.  they maybe slightly heavier than our competition but is an extra 100kg low down in your boat a problem?
  • We now supply PRM gearboxes as standard, you can have the budget option but the price difference is so small we sell very few of these types.
  • In the new year we have a whole new range of dedicated Inland waterways engines on offer from 27hp to 80hp.

As mentioned above, we will be supplying a new range of Keel Cooled versions of our engines. Starting with our 3 cylinder 27hp (MP-327KC) up to the 4 cylinder 80hp (MP-480KC).  Hopefully this will accomodate most inland waterways applications.  These engine will have a water cooled exhaust manifold with blending tank, twin alternators, deluxe control panel, calorifier fittings etc. all as standard.

We will be exhibiting this new range of engines at the next Crick show and hope to do very well with them as they will be competitively priced as with all our other engines.  The provisional prices are the same as our standard engines:

• MP-327KC with PRM80   @ £2,900
  • MP-332KC with PRM80   @ £3,000
  • MP-446KC with PRM120 @ £3,350
  • MP-446KC with PRM150 @ £3,800
  • MP-458KC with PRM150 @ £4,000
  • MP-480KC with PRM260 @ £5,400

These prices do exclude VAT and delivery, but delivery to most of the UK is only £60.00

Please contact me if you do require clarification on any points, we are here to help.  Our new website (www.marine-power.net) gives more information if needed

Kind regards

Andrew Knight

www.marine-power.net

Looks like i'll be visiting Crick next year to see them.

If i can wait that long :naughty:

• Like 1